UNL East Campus
East Campus was originally founded as a farm campus in 1873 and was separated from the city of Lincoln by an unbroken stretch of prairie. In 1904, the campus expanded beyond its boundaries east of Lincoln and established an experimental station in North Platte, the first of many research centers that would serve the state of Nebraska in future years. By the 1960s, what was once the farm campus became known as East Campus, which remains the same to this day. Despite a name change and major growth, the campus has retained its sprawling green spaces and gardens, true to its roots. Along with housing many of the original “farm-based” programs such as Agronomy & Horticulture, Animal Science, and Plant Pathology, East Campus has since diversified its mission, bringing the colleges of Law and Dentistry, the Barkley Memorial Center for Hearing and Speech Disorders, the Division of Continuing Studies and the Nebraska Educational Television Network to space. Many resources are available to learn more about East Campus including campus history, the UNL Archives, East Campus Landscape History, and there are even garden tours for the gardens on East Campus. The UNL East Campus Visitor’s Center is located in Filley Hall and can assist in scheduling campus tours, as well as providing information on the many resources available on East Campus.
The Department of Plant Pathology at UNL was founded in 1920 and today is one of only 12 remaining departments dedicated solely to the discipline of plant pathology. The department resides on East Campus on the 4th floor of Plant Sciences Hall. Address, office hours, and a map can be found below.
East Campus Attractions
Maps and Transportation
Department of Plant Pathology, Main Office
Plant Science Hall
Office Hours: Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.