A sample should consist of enough representative material (plant or insect), usually from the same source, so that an accurate diagnosis can be made. Samples from separate sources representative of different problems or pests constitute several samples.
- Provide plenty of plant material. When possible send the entire plant, including roots and top growth.
- Provide freshly collected specimens.
- Be sure the speciments represents the problem.
- Include enough plant material to show all stages of the disease from healthy to very sick. Wrap plant specimens in paper towels or clean newspaper.
- DO NOT add moisture. Pack loosely in a plastic bag to reduce drying. Mail in a sturdy container
Mailing your sample
Send samples to:
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic
1875 N 38th St
448 Plant Sciences
Lincoln, NE 68583-0722